Sunday, September 11, 2005


Wow, has it been THAT long since I "promised" to update my blog regarding this topic? Sorry guys, school work doesn't stop and I had been really busy arranging for yesterday's gig which I will write further about in another blog. Anyway coming to the album review..

Being an avid Noori fan and a family friend of Ali Noor and Hamza's, I had been waiting for this album for a long time like other Noori fans and that too very eagerly. Just as the date was announced I kept counting down the days to Saturday, 10th September. The big day finally came and I made sure nothing got in my way of getting the album that day. Although I had a feeling the album copies would arrive late in Islamabad as it always happens in this city, I KNEW I would get the album that day. Anyway I went straight to Saddar in Pindi and to the main video and audio distributors (Sadaf stereo) to get it. The moment I walked in, Noori posters were around and I instantly asked an assistant if peeli patti' available, and I got a very positive yes and followed him, and got 5 copies (2 for friends of mine) and 2 FREE posters! I paid up and gt in the car and listened. The music sounded very melodious indeed but I did not like it much at first, but as I listened to it again and again on my way to Islamabad, it grew on me and I began thinking 'man the 2 year wait was definitely WORTH it!'. Compared to Noori's first album 'suno ke main hun jawan', I feel this album is better music-wise and lyric-wise. There has been an improvement in guitars and vocals and the chemistry's really nice. There is more use of instruments and what I really like is that the album has many variations musically. What people did not really like was the less content in the album, well I have justified reasons to like the album on my part. Firstly, the album cover is very minimalistic kind and it is exactly what the album itself represents- not to look upon the album as a source of entertainment but to make one think. The renewed versions of 'khalla','saari raat jaga' and 'ooncha' are very decent however I still love the older and original versions very much. Although 'saari raat jaga' sounds cleaner and heavier this time.

When I was growing up, a lot of friends of mine from 4th grade wouldn't talk to me anymore, and in fact they wouldn't even sit together in the same groups as they used to back in Class 4. I would be like why is this happening and how can we be separate, being childhood friends?

Ali Hamza told me one thing- Friendships keep changing and with age you adapt to new people and stick with THEM! When you're young, you're excited and there are lots of common interests and its all about fun but as you grow up, your concepts, your ideas and everything change and you're no longer with the other group. However accepting this change comes when one is in his late teens and it is a hard change to accept, and this is what the song 'mere loag' is all about! From this, one should generalise most of the album is about expressing one's feelings when growing up and facing changes in life. That is what the beauty of Noori's music is all about. Suno ke main hun jawan was about having fun and it was a lucky to go album, and Peeli Patti aur Raja Jani ki Gol Dunya is about growing up.

This album is worth listening to. Get your copies NOW. After hearing this album, I say to myself, no wonder Mekaal Hasan works so closely with Noori.

2 Comments:

Blogger Misha said...

Kahaan released, Mobi... I've been scouring the shops since saturday and nobody's got the album yet. :(

10:10 AM  
Blogger Punk Dervish said...

I went to their launch concert too. It was huge fun.I am havinmg hard time getting some of their lyrics though.I still don't know what peeli patti is and who is raja jani.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home